altportland » Naked Sheep Knit Shop
2142 N KillingsworthA neighborhood yarn shop for N. Portland. They feature multiple comfortable, well-lit, places to sit and knit, and friendly folks to help you work through a knitting problem or two. The shop is fairly small, well-lit, and well-edited, with lots of space to move around. Clover, Brittany and Lantern Moon needles. A nice collection of books and patterns. They have several types of natural or eco wools, a nice selection of Lorna's Laces in several weights, and perhaps the nicest display of Fixation in town. The majority of yarns there are midrange, ringing in under $10 a skein, though some are as inexpensive as a couple dollars a ball.
get there via trimet
find a bike route
Everyone loves their LYS and here's why I love Naked Sheep:
- it's small enough that I don't get overwhelmed with choices. Mind you, I love looking at a bigger yarn store, but I hate trying to make a decision at one.
- these folks are the nicest around.
- they know their knitting. All of them!
- Cheri's husband and teenage son are frequently there.
- Riley, the shop chihuahua, is frequently there too.
- all the yarn they carry is tagged with an easy-to-read listing for those of us who are too vain to get reading glasses.
- yarn name
- stitches per inch/US needle size
- fiber content
- hand or machine washable
filled under Yarn Stores in Portland
November 28, 2006 |
| Comments (1)