For those of us in inner NE and inner N Portland, there is always something new. Here's what I've noticed in my travels.
- The BBQ joint with the world's longest name (... Something to Talk About ...) on MLK Jr near Shaver appears to be no more. It's the location, or to be more exact, the building to blame. Please, budding restauranteurs: don't rent it!
- Spice, formerly known as Billy Reeds, is now Venue. Has anyone been?
- Da Rib Shack is now open on Mississippi, next to the Rebuilding Center.
- Toro Bravo, the new tapas joint from John Gorham, formerly of Simpatica, is now open for dinner. Closed Monday nights (of course). 120 NE Russell Street (a block from MLK Jr, next to the Wonder Ballroom).
St Johns also seems to be a hotbed of activity
- Ladybug Coffee is now open on Lombard, and reports are good
- Christie's has new management. I'm curious if the prices have dropped, or?