I get a fair amount of mail from folks moving to the area who are looking for information on schools and other child-friendly resources. I'm not really the person to ask, but since you did....
- Urban Mamas is "hopes to create a dynamic online community for mamas who want to share tips, advice, reviews, ideas, fun, challenges, and more."
- The Oregon Department of Education site might be helpful. Or not.
- Portland Family Magazine is a monthly chock-full of Portlandy familyish stuff.
- Child Care Connect: Helping Families find Child Care in Portland has all sorts of information about how to choose quality childcare, evaluate providers, etc, as well as a locator to find affordable providers on the East side.
- Cafe Mama's Guide to Kid-friendly Restaurants in Portland and beyond... is part of Sarah Gilbert's blog empire. What makes this even more interesting (to me at least) is that Sarah is also a foodie.